Hawkesbury and District Basketball Association is a non-profit sporting organisation. Operating for over 20 years, the association has grown into a hub of passionate and skilled individuals working towards a bigger and better association. Affiliated with Basketball NSW, Basketball Australia and Aussie Hoops, HDBA is committed to bringing the great sport of basketball to the Hawkesbury community.
Operating in South Windsor, we conduct our domestic competitions at the Hawkesbury Indoor Stadium, catering for both men and women in different age groups and with different skill levels, and Juniors at all age groups.
HDBA is proud to acknowledge its recent achievements:
- Over 700 registered members
- Two Senior Representative teams- Division 1 Men and Women State League teams for 2017.
- Junior Representative teams in a number of age groups from U12 to U18
- Introduction of a new Referee Development Program with our own Referee Development Officer Nick Varlet and regular visiting National Referee Coach and BNSW Referee’s Commissioner John Rearden
- Increase in referees including juniors and seniors in both domestic and representative competitions.
- Development of Skills and Fitness with junior, youth and senior men’s and women’s programs
- Successful Learn-to-Play program headed by Cleo Pickard, with affiliation to Aussie Hoops and Sporting Schools
- Growth in Women’s program with skills for women and several new Women’s competitions for Juniors and Seniors
- Representative success from our 2016 Junior and Senior teams